Tuesday, December 23, 2008

hearts are light

mary - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Hi EVERYONE! 'sup?
Listen up, yo. I love inspiration. Mm-kay?
And when i find quotes which inspire me, i'm going to force them upon y'all, my faithful readers. Take it how you take it- that is not for me to determine because it's not about me & you, anyway. We are all in the same boat in the end, mateys.

icetree - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I love to read about human behavior, it totally fascinates me. I've read boatloads of books on the subject & since it's my idea of a good time, majoring in anthropology was like a cake walk for me.

xmas tree - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
So, there's an interesting book called When Society Becomes an Addict by Anne Wilson Schaef, which brings up the idea that we, as a group, will try to invalidate someone who threatens our status quo often by an attempt at 'trashing' them or fabricating a personality conflict. Schaef points out that "Ironically, the intensity of either process is usually directly proportional to how frightened the person initiating it is, and how true, thus powerful, the information is that is being dismissed or invalidated. In treatment circles, this behavior is called 'protecting one's supply.'"